"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Brainstorming Project Topics

Possible topic: Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche. I was actually really happy when I came across this topic. I took Latin in high school, so I feel like I would have a lot of insight on this topic! I would like to learn a different side of the Disney classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, so I feel like this would be a great topic for me!
research so far: I looked at the Wikipedia article on Cupid and Psyche, and it looks like I could do a whole Storybook topic on just them! When I checked out some of the Storybook projects for one of my assignments during the first week, I gathered that a lot of previous students based their Storybooks off of TV shows (FRIENDS, Gossip Girl, etc.) I thought it would be really cool if I could somehow take the Cupid and Psyche story and base it off the TV show How I Met Your Mother.  How I Met Your Mother is all about the main character, Ted Mosby, telling his kids the story over several seasons of episodes of how he met their mother. I think it would be a really cool project! That is a show that I have watched for years. 

Possible topic: The Voyages of Sindbad. I was actually really excited when I found this topic, because I wanted to read The Odyssey. I decided not to read The Odyssey last week for my weekly reading because it looked very dark and gory. Since The Voyages of Sindbad is based off The Odyssey and I took Latin, I feel like I would also have a lot of insight on this topic! Even though I have never read The Odyssey myself, I am somewhat familiar with the story. After briefly looking through the readings, it looks like The Voyages of Sindbad is much more light-hearted than The Odyssey, so I would love to do my Storybook project over this topic!
research so far: After looking at the Wikipedia article, it looks like I could do my whole Storybook project on this topic! As far as a Storybook project idea on this topic, I'm honestly kind of lost. I'm not familiar with another famous story of a person who explores the world on his own. I browsed some of the previous students' Storybook projects and I kind of came back empty. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Possible topic: Canterbury Tales. I had actually never heard of these before I found the unit in the Un-Textbook, so I think this would be an interesting topic to do by Storybook project over. I like that you get to choose who told the best story!
research so far: I looked at the Wikipedia article for this topic and it looks like I could do my whole Storybook project on this topic! I think it would be cool if I did a spinoff of a CSI episode on this project. For example, my tabs on my website could be about the seven pilgrims and their stories, and whoever tells the least convincing story committed a crime that the CSI agents are trying to solve!

Possible topic: King Arthur. I've seen the Sword in the Stone movie, but I haven't seen it since I was little so I actually don't remember much! I think actually reading the story of King Arthur versus watching the movie will give me some different insight. 
Research so far: After looking at the King Arthur Wikipedia article, the story immediately reminded me of the TV series Game of Thrones. The story reminded me of Game of Thrones because of him making an empire and conquering other kingdoms. I think it would be interesting if I could base my Storybook project off of Game of Thrones, but I'm not exactly sure which aspect of Game of Thrones would fit King Arthur best. If you have any ideas, please let me know!


(King Arthur and the Knights of the Roundtable Source: Wikipedia)





No comments:

Post a Comment