"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary A: Aesop (Jacobs)

The Lion and The Statue: I really liked this story because I truly believe each story is different depending on who is telling the story! That is why this class is so interesting-- we each have a unique way of telling stories. I could picture a snooty lion telling the man that the statue would have looked differently had a lion made the statue.

The Lion in Love: I could easily picture a lion doing whatever he could do for the person he loved and just getting his heart crushed anyway. It is so sad to picture that because we can all relate to heartbreak at one time or another in our lives. Going through a heartbreak is one of the worst feelings in the world, but it makes us grow as a person. I could see myself easily choosing this story to write about for my Storytelling post. I could picture having the lion grieve over the loss of his love but eventually moving on and loving someone else.

The Fox and the Stork: I could easily picture a fox and a stork having dinner and not wanting to accommodate to each other's needs. I could see the stork being bitter for not accommodating to her and getting him back when he came over for dinner. What goes around comes around. Karma always serves justice to the people who deserve it.

The Fox and The Lion: What I got from this story is that if you ignore someone and then all of a sudden you are friendly with them, that won't be received very well. I could picture the fox ignoring the lion for several days and then approaching the lion. I could also picture the lion trying to be friendly and talk to him but also trying to give him the same treatment he was dealt.

The Wolf and the Kid: I could picture a child on top of a house trying to scare the wolf away, and the wolf telling him that it is easy to be brave from a distance. It really is easy to be someone you are not from far away. Usually only the people who become close to you know who you really are. I could picture myself using this story to write my Storytelling post. I could picture the child being frightened and running back into his house to get his parents' help.

The Dog and the Shadow: I could easily picture a dog wanting food and trying to snatch its reflection's but loosing his food anyway. I could see myself using this for my Storytelling post as well. I could go on with the story and say that the dog tried and tried to find his food in the puddle but was unsuccessful in doing so. I could also picture the dog trying to find another source of food.

Mice in Council: I could also easily picture myself using this fable for my Storytelling post. I could picture a bunch of mice living in a house and saying mean things about the cat who also lived there. I could picture the cat being oblivious to what the mice were saying. I could picture them laughing at the cat and this continue to be an ongoing thing.

The Horse and the Ass: I could picture a donkey saying how nice it is to be an animal that is seen as one that is so majestic. I could also see the donkey the next day looking at the dead horse and saying it is better to be someone who is not sought after. I thought that was a very mean thing to say. I guess the donkey wasn't really the horse's friend after all.

The Hart and the Hunter: This fable was very sad for me to read. I could picture the deer getting his antlers caught and all of a sudden hating them even though he had just admired them a minute previous to the tragedy. I could picture the hunter approaching the deer and the deer realizing that his life was coming to an end.

The Hare and the Tortoise: This fable was my favorite to read out of all of the fables I've read tonight. This fable was one that I remembered from my childhood. I think I would like to use this one for my Storytelling post but put a different spin on it. Maybe the tortoise sees the hare get injured but continues the race anyways? Maybe tell it from a TV show point of view? I guess we will have to see. Slow and steady wins the race!


(The Fables of Aesop by Joseph Jacobs, illustrations by Walter Crane)


No comments:

Post a Comment