"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 1: The One With All The Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I glanced at was Friends: The One With All The Stories. This topic was familiar to me because I am currently watching the TV show FRIENDS in the order the show came out. The Introduction does a fantastic job of explaining the topic! It basically describes the show in a nutshell and makes me want to read the stories that go along with it. I like how the author titled the stories "The One With..." just like how the creators of the real show titled all of the episodes! The layout and the design of the page makes me feel like I am in a FRIENDS episode myself. I feel right at home! I also liked how they used an image of the full cast on the front page. These characters were always spending time together! I like how they put all of their stories on the side of their website page. It makes it easy to locate them. I might have to use that idea for my own storybook!


(A picture of the Central Perk logo. Source: Wikia

The second storybook I glanced at was E! News Special: Diary Reveal. This topic was not familiar to me. I have never heard of the women named Leah and Rachel from the Bible even though I have studied it most of my life. However, I am familiar with E! News. The Introduction does a good job of explaining the topic and makes me want to read the stories. I liked how the author wrote the Introduction just like the news anchors would reveal a celebrity news story on E! News. I could picture the anchors announcing this story! I honestly didn't really like the layout and design of their site. The white font on a dark colored background kind of makes it blinding to read at first. The navigation is well done, but I feel like they could have used a better font as well as better font colors. I do not really see anything from this project that I would want to use on my own, but I did like the style of writing that they used!

The third storybook I glanced at was Gossip Girl: The Dirt on Hawaii's Elites. This topic was not familiar to me at all. I have never heard any Hawaiian fairy tales before. However, I am somewhat familiar with the TV show Gossip Girl. I liked how the author used the beginning audio of the real TV show to give us some details on the Hawaiians. It really makes me want to read into the stories more! I also liked how the author used a Hawaiian print as the background for their website. That was a nice touch! The font is a nice color to compliment the background. I really liked their title design as well! I might have to do something similar like that for my storybook.

I really like most of the storybooks I looked at, and I think I will use some of their ideas for my own!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some really great examples of previous story books. I also looked at the FRIENDS one and thought it was a clever play on the actual television show. You pointed out some really good features of that website- the visuals made you feel like you were in the story. Also the site was super easy to navigate like you said!

    ReplyDelete