"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 6 Storytelling: The Invisibility Cloak

Harry, not having slept the night before from trying to crack the next clue for the following round of the Triwizard tournament, started to doze off in Professor Snape's class. Instead of taking notes during Potions class, he kept on trying to write down thoughts as to what the next clue of the Triwizard tournament could be.

A golden egg...a golden egg..., Harry thought.

Snape continued to lecture and lecture, but quickly observed that Harry was not focusing on his teaching.

"What is this, POTTER?!", Snape asked.

Snape glared down at Harry and snatched his notebook out of his hand. He tore out the page Harry had been scribbling notes on about the golden egg clue for the Triwizard tournament and crumpled it in his hand.

"Not taking notes on my lecture I see," Snape said. "I'll see you for detention after third period."

At this point, the whole class was staring at Harry including Ron and Hermione. Hermione just shook her head at him. Ron glanced at him and then looked away.

"This is just what I needed," Harry thought as he was reminded about all the work he had to do on solving the next clue for the Triwizard tournament.

After class was over, Harry ran to catch up with his friends.

"Harry, you can't let this tournament take the best of you," Hermione said. "You have to focus on your studies."


(Hermione talking to Harry. Source: Flickr)

"Yea Hermione, I know but I have to solve this clue before the next round of the Triwizard tournament. I don't have much time, I've got two days. I've got to figure out a way to get out of detention today.," Harry said.

The three friends were on their was to Professor Trelawney's Divination class...it was not Harry's favorite class to say the least.

"Harry, there's no way we can get you out of detention. You know how Snape is.," Ron said.

"Well...I actually may have thought of a way.," Harry said.

Ron and Hermione both stopped walking.

"What?," Hermione asked.

"Okay, I know this might sound a bit much but after third period, Ron, if you could run up to the boy's dormitory and grab my invisibility cloak under my bed and get it back to me. And you, Hermione, meet up with Ron, use the invisibility cloak to sneak into Professor Snape's office and cast a spell on Professor Snape and distract him.," Harry said.

"Are you kidding, me?! Harry, all the trouble we could get into for using magic on a professor!"

"Hermione, he wouldn't know what was going on if you distracted him!," Harry assured her.

"O c'mon, Hermione! You know you would want us to help you if it was the other way around.," Ron said.

Hermione pondered this idea for a second.

"Fine, Harry, but promise me that you won't let this tournament continue to get the best of you," Hermione said.

After Professor Treelawney's class, Harry went to Professor Snape's office. Professor Snape turned around in his chair.
  
"Ah Potter, nice to see that you showed up. Have a seat., " the professor said as he pointed to a chair in front of his desk.

"Now pull out a piece of paper and write a summary over chapter three of your textbook.," Snape said.

Harry sighed as he pulled out his notebook. He was hoping in the worst way that his friends would come through for him.

Harry heard a slight thump in the room. He sort of hoped that it was Ron.

All of a sudden, Harry saw a head of curls peak out of the corner of Snape's room behind Harry's invisibility cloak. Hermione pulled out her wand and yelled, "IMPEDIMENT JINX!" as her wand shot out a bright light towards Professor Snape.

Snape froze almost as if time had stopped in its tracks.

"HARRY, RUN!", Ron shouted as he peaked his head outside the invisibility cloak.

Harry ran out of Snape's office and Ron and Hermione pulled him under the invisibility cloak with them. They ran through the corridors of Hogwarts, not even glancing at the professor's office behind them.

Author's Note: I based this story off of Mr. Fox is Again Victimized from Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings by Joel Chandler Harris (1881). In Mr. Fox is Again Victimized, Brer Rabbit decides to ride Brer Fox like a horse in order to try to impress the ladies in town. Brer Fox got tired of this and decided to seek revenge on Brer Rabbit. He got mad at Brer Rabbit and chased him into a hole. Brer Buzzard comes along and Brer Fox tells him to watch the hole while he is gone. Brer Rabbit tricks Brer Buzzard into thinking that there is a squirrel in the hole and if he came around to the other side of the tree where there is another hole to where Brer Rabbit and the squirrel are (which there really wasn't), Brer Buzzard could catch the squirrel. When Brer Buzzard came to the other side of the tree, Brer Rabbit darted and ran home. I thought I could somehow relate this to a story about Harry Potter because Ron and Hermione are always trying to help Harry get out of trouble. They are willing to do whatever they can for their friend (even if that means they might get in trouble as well), and in this case this was to help Harry get out of his punishment so he could solve the clue for the next round of the Triwizard tournament. This wasn't actually a story in Harry Potter (although the Invisibility and the Triwizard Tournament were both parts of the series), I thought it would be cool if I told a story with the Harry Potter characters because instead of Brer Rabbit tricking Brer Buzzard to escape home, Harry Potter had the help of his friends.

3 comments:

  1. What a great story, I can't wait to check back next week to see how it is going to be continued.

    I've seen all of the Harry Potter movies before, but its been a while for most of them. Was this scene actually in one of the movies?

    I really liked how you gave us some of Harry's thoughts, as well as lots of dialogue between all of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madison, although the Invisibility Cloak and the Triwizard Tournament were both elements of the Harry Potter series, I made this story up myself! Instead of Brer Rabbit tricking Brer Buzzard so he could escape, Harry Potter had the help of his best friends. Hopefully I can also use whatever I read next week to continue this story, I would love that. Thank you for your feedback! It is very much appreciated. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I was so pumped up when I saw that your story was about Harry Potter. I am a huge Harry fan (I am currently on book four). I loved the quotes you used throughout your story. I felt like I was reading another chapter in the original series. Great work this week! I am excited to read more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete