"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary A: Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit: The Calamus Root: I thought it was rude that Brer Rabbit slammed the door on Brer Fox and wouldn't let him come to dinner even though he had invited him over for dinner earlier that day. I also thought it was rude that somehow Brer Rabbit got Mr. Fox sick. If I were Brer Fox, I'd stay away from Brer Rabbit and wouldn't continue to be friends with him.

The Wonderful Tar-Baby Story: I thought it was great that Brer Fox finally got Brer Rabbit back. He honestly got what he deserved. I actually thought it was impressive that Brer Fox could come up with something that looked so lifelike and that he didn't get stuck while he was making the tar-baby! I hope Brer Rabbit learned a lesson from this.


Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings by Joel Chandler Harris (1881), illustrations by A.B. Frost)

Mr Wolf Makes a Failure: I thought it was weird that Brer Fox actually believed Brer Rabbit when he said that the dead holler, "wahoo!" when someone comes to visit them when they're dead. I wonder why instead of giving Brer Fox a hard time, Brer Rabbit darted out of the house. That would be a good Storytelling post: to tell why Brer Rabbit darted out of his house and what ended up happening to Brer Wolf after he thought he had tricked Brer Rabbit.

Mr. Fox Tackles Old Man Tarrypin: I was glad when I found out that Old Man Tarrypin was okay. It makes me laugh that Brer Fox thought that he could actually drown a turtle! Turtles are used to living in the water so it makes sense that Old Man Tarrypin was pretending like he was drowning so Brer Fox would leave him alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment