"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary A: Grimm Unit

The Frog Prince: This story was a little different than the story I've been told my whole life. I believe in the story I've been told the frog didn't turn back into a prince until the princess kissed him. I liked this version because even though the princess was reluctant, she still kept to her word. I think that if I were to write a Storytelling post based off of this story, I would write a story about someone who kept to their word even if they didn't want to.

Rapunzel: When I read this story I was afraid that it was going to have a sad ending. It's so sad that the enchantress wanted to keep Rapunzel to herself so badly that she shut her out from the rest of the world. I also thought it was extremely sad that the enchantress tricked the prince into thinking that Rapunzel was there just so she could punish him. I'm so glad that the prince eventually found Rapunzel and that they lived happily ever after. If I were to write a Storytelling post based off of this story, I would write a story about how good things can still happen to you even though bad things have happened in your past.

The Travelling Musicians: This story made me smile because animals that aren't supposed to like each other became the best of friends. I liked that they all found something that they had in common as well. This story reminded me of the movie "The Breakfast Club" because in "The Breakfast Club", a student from each social group in high school have detention together and in the end they all realize that they aren't that different from one another.

Briar Rose: This story was a little bit different from the original story I've been told all of my life. I believe in the story that I was told there were only four fairies instead of thirteen. I also think in the story I've been told that Sleeping Beauty was the only one who fell into a deep sleep for one hundred years. I don't think anyone else in the palace fell asleep for one hundred years. However, I like that everyone in the palace fell asleep for one hundred years because it made the story seem more mysterious.


("Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm", illustration by Walter Crane)

No comments:

Post a Comment