"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary B: King Arthur

Sir Lancelot's Vision: This was a very sad story because Sir Lancelot was asked to leave the chapel. This story did remind me of the bible though. I thought the Holy Graal resembled Jesus Christ in this story because the sick knight was immediately healed when he approached it. I believe there was a story in the Bible where a blind man was able to see when he approached Jesus.

The Adventure of Sir Percivale: It made me sad that Sir Percivale wasn't able to catch the knight, but I am glad that he helped the lion escape the snake. I wonder if the woman who approached him in the middle of the night was an angel or a spirit? I would assume so because she appeared out of nowhere and brought Sir Percivale a horse that was majestic-looking. I am glad that the lion thanked Sir Percivale for killing the snake by returning to him. I thought that was very considerate of the lion.

Sir Lancelot and the Five Hundred Knights: This story was a bit confusing to read at first, but I think I now understand the moral of the story. Many of the things that we encounter as humans on earth are tempting, but we must remember what our God we worship would do in our situation. We must remember that we as humans are meant to sin. I hope Sir Lancelot realizes that what he did was wrong, that he should have helped the white knights instead. We all learn from our mistakes, and I hope Sir Lancelot works on becoming a better person in the future.

Sir Galahad and the Mysterious Ship: This story immediately reminded me of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" when they journeyed to the Fountain of Youth. It reminded me of the Fountain of Youth because of the whirlpool and two rocks. This story also reminded me of "On Stranger Tides "because Percivale's sister had to die in order for another woman to live. In "On Stranger Tides", Blackbeard had to die so his daughter, Angelica, could be given more life. This would be a great Storytelling post for this week!


("Sir Galahad" by Arthur Hughes. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

The End of Arthur: This story was so sad to read; I felt like everyone I somewhat cared about in the King Arthur Unit died! I feel like I kind of lost a good friend when I read about King Arthur's death. I feel like what Harry, Ron, and Hermione must have felt when Professor Dumbledore was killed. I think it would be interesting to find out what the people did without a king. Who ended up becoming the new King of England? Who decided who the new king would be? That would be a great Storytelling post for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment