"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary A: Through the Looking-Glass

Looking-Glass House: This story reminded me of girls playing with a dollhouse since Alice took control of the White King and Queen. This story also reminds me of experiencing an alternate dimension, much like Tris did in the Divergent series when she had to pass her tests. That would be a great Storytelling post for this week--to relate this story to the Divergent series or to girls playing with a dollhouse.


"Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll, illustrations by John Tenniel (1871)) 

Tweedledum and Tweedledee: This story reminded me of the Weasley brothers from Harry Potter. Tweedledee and Tweedledum immediately reminded me of them because they seemed to be tricking Alice into not giving her the correct directions. The Weasley brothers were always up to no good; they were constantly tricking Ron and their peers and getting into trouble. That would be a great Storytelling post for this week--to relate this story to a story about the Weasley brothers!

Humpty Dumpty: It was so cool to read the original story of where the famous Humpty Dumpty rhyme came from! I didn't realize that Humpty Dumpty was so rude before I read the story as I do now. I imagine the heavy crash at the end of the story meant that Humpty Dumpty fell down from the wall and that the king and his men were coming to get him. I wish Humpty Dumpty wouldn't have been so rude to Alice! If I were to base my Storytelling post off of this story, I would write a story about how someone got what they deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment