"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary A: King Arthur

The Drawing of the Sword: I think this story would be a good one to write my Storytelling post off of this week. I could write a story about how a kid did something that no one thought he could do and that they all ended up being really impressed by him because of this. I think that would relate to this story because no one thought Arthur could pull a sword out of a stone; he was just a boy.


(illustrations by H.J. Ford (1902))

The Round Table: It's interesting that Arthur made both a man and his son knights so he could fill the two empty slots at the round table. I also thought it was a generous gift that the other king gave King Arthur the round table in exchange for marrying his daughter. I thought that was a very nice thing for him to do. 

King Arthur and Morgan le Fay: I thought it was sad that Morgan le Fay was trying to kill her own brother, King Arthur, for killing someone she loved. Couldn't she be the better person and forgive him? This story reminds me of Game of Thrones with all of the betraying of one's own family. I think that would be a great Storytelling post---to relate this story to Game of Thrones. 

The Quest of the Holy Graal: The Holy Graal reminds me of Lord of the Rings since pretty much everyone fought over this ring---to find it because it had magical powers. In fact, they would almost do anything to be able to be the keeper of this ring (just like The Knights of the Round Table). That would be a great Storytelling post---to relate this story to Lord of the Rings. 

The Coming of the Holy Graal: Again, this story greatly reminds me of the Lord of the Rings because all of the knights went their own separate ways in order to find the holy graal; they did not want to go looking for it together. I can understand why King Arthur was sad. He was sad because all of his knights decided to leave him to look for the holy graal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment