"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary B: Grimm Unit

The Queen Bee: I thought this story was interesting that the dwarf was the one who was able to complete all the tasks. If I were to write a Storytelling post over this story, I would write a story about someone who received help from other people who they helped in the past. I would also make it a more modern story so my readers would be able to relate to it.

The Twelve Huntsmen: When I read this story it immediately reminded me of Mulan because like the twelve girls, Mulan pretended to be a man so she could help her country fight in the war. This story also reminded me of Mulan because Mulan was injured and everyone found out that she was not a boy.

The Twelve Dancing Princesses: This story was honestly a little strange because of how the princesses would mysteriously disappear each night. I thought it was also weird that this whole world existed beneath their floor. I also thought it was sad that all of the previous men who tried to figure out where the princesses went each night had their heads cut off just because they could never figure it out. I also thought it was unfair that one of the princesses had to be married to the soldier even though she had a prince she liked much more.

The Willow-Wren and the Bear: This story kind of made me laugh when I started reading it because I honestly couldn't imagine insects, birds, and four-footed animals being at war with one another. I thought it was unfair that the birds and the insects won because they cheated. I wished the four-footed animals would have found out that insects and birds cheated so the four-footed animals could have won, or maybe they all would've given up on the war and would have all just apologized.


("Fairy Tales" by the Brothers Grimm, illustration by Otto Ubbelohde)

No comments:

Post a Comment