"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- Albus Dumbledore

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary B: Through the Looking-Glass

My Own Invention: This story reminded me of taking care of a drunk person when you're completely sober. This story reminded me of that because of how the knight kept on falling off of his horse all the time, and Alice would have to help him back up. She was also very frustrated about having to continue to help him, much like someone is when they have to take care of someone who is drunk.

Queen Alice: This story reminded me of two siblings having a fight over who would get to hang out with their friend. This story reminded me of this because The Red and White Queen kept on bickering over Alice and wouldn't stop. They were also saying mean things to her with no concern over what they had just said.


(Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll, illustrations by John Tenniel (1871))

Shaking and Waking: This story reminded me of Beauty and the Beast. It reminded me of Beauty and the Beast because of all the items in the dining hall coming alive. It also reminded me of Beauty and the Beast because all of the items in the dining hall also began to talk. It's weird that this was all just a dream; I thought Alice had actually entered an alternate dimension. It's also comforting that her cat was with her all along during this dream. If her cat had been the Red Queen all along does that mean that her cat is evil?

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you chose to read stories about Alice and Wonderland. I almost read these this week as well! I am a huge fan of Alice and Wonderland (and the movies!) I always read these stories as a child to escape reality for a little. I hope you enjoyed these and I thought you did a great job putting the mystical elements into your own story this week!

    ReplyDelete